Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Seaside and Manzanita

Yesterday morning we went to Seaside, which is a small town north of Cannon Beach.  It reminded me of the Jersey Shore with a boardwalk called "the Prom" and an amusement area.  LOTS of teenagers were there for a beach field trip, and the Aquarium was also filled with the younger set.  I heard lots of "ohh, look at this!," which made me laugh.   Barb and I even hiked across the beach to watch the crazy people in their bathing suits along the surf  and in the water (We were wearing lots of layers of coats, sweaters, etc., since it was about 50 degrees.)

In the afternoon we went to Manzanita, which is just south of us.  Visited the beach and walked this smaller and quieter town.  Cute shops and a really nice coffee house with wonderful coffee (cold, windy, and coffee was required!) 

Each day is a delight!  We are loving every moment with Barb and Charles, and the ever-changing sea.

by the sea - side
I liked the colors in this fish.
The Aquarium at Seaside, with a whale skeleton in its window.
For Julies:  volleyball on the beach :-)
Manzanita Beach 
Manzanita Coffe & News
Taken on my iPhone during my evening walk
Flowers of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment