Wednesday, June 1, 2016

To Klamath Falls or how NOT to drive here!

Did you ever have one of those days where NOTHING goes as planned?  So you try to be flexible, but your alternate plans do NOT go as planned.  Our day started out with a lovely breakfast at the Bidwell B&B, we packed the car and decided to take a different route to Klamath Falls (going to I-5 and exploring the southern Oregon Wine country.)  We got about 4 miles and hit a huge traffic back up with trucks crossing the highway and holding up traffic in all 4 directions.  So we decided to try another, more scenic route.  This was okay right up until we got onto I-5, with 18 million 18 wheelers and huge steep hills.  They were all nuts!  Finally, we arrived in Phoenix where we planned to visit a winery that had a pizza oven.  Construction, detours, got lost, then John discovered that the winery was not open today.  We had lunch at Subway where all 3 employees did NOT know how to get onto the freeway (apparently they never heard of the freeway that their town runs along!)  The GPS system laughed at us as we keep trying to second guess her.  Finally, we arrived in Klamath Falls and went to the brew/pub where the waitress was wonderful and the food good.  Back at the hotel I realized that I missed a call from Barb.  When I tried to call her back it did not ring at her end and I could not leave a message.  So I called Charles, and argued with his voice mail.  Barb emailed, I emailed, and, finally, the phone worked.  So, did you ever have one of those days?  And, yes, I am laughing!
View of Mt Shasta (snow covered) from Lassen area

Closer view of Mt Shasta

 
Klamath Falls

Merlot and Vanilla Porter

Flowers - just because I love taking photos of flowers :-)

Tomorrow:  Crater Lake, which is half closed due to snow.  Then on to Roseburg, Oregon for some wineries.

No comments:

Post a Comment